Sunday, 29 May 2011

oh you americans :P

sorry i havent posted in a while, study and whatnot!
so yeah, some of you might know that the lovely obama 
was over here in ireland last week. :)
and ever since his lovely visit, i have met around 3 zillion americans!
okay, tad bit of an over statement but still!

hahaha its been very interesting, my first encounter was
on my way to school, where a family were completely
and utterly lost trying to find the Guinness factory (ah bless).
so me and a friend decided to take a few hours off school
and literally bring them there ourselves, cos the directions
would of been way to hard to give and they would of most likely 
gotten even more lost down the line! hah.
they were a lovely family and it turned into a kick ass day! :)

then a few days later, a group of us were in the 
tea garden(cafe...chill out spot place) and there was this couple 
who, once again, seemed very very lost and confused! hahah.
we could see them pointing at us, and talking to each other
so i went over to them and asked if they were lost, which the were.
and that was when my second crazy adventure with americans began :P

and now just there, on my way back from walking the dogs, 
we stopped into the garage to get some red bull (a nomnomnom) 
and there was a BUS FULLLL! jack pot! ;D i was just getting my stuff and
what not, and a nice girl/woman? asked me what the best "candy" was.
it was so cute hahah :D but yeah, i showed her my favourites and spoke to
her for a little bit and have now decided that i want to go to america!
i've never really been pushed, its so expensive to get there and i've travelled
all over europe already so never saw the point. but after meeting so many nice people
in one week, i want to goooooo!

so, if anyone reading this is american, or has been to america before...
which part should i go to? i wanna go somewhere that the people are nice..
i've heard new york is amazing and everything but that everyones too busy
to talk to us tourists! ahaha. I'd like somewhere that if i did get lost, there'd
be people willing to laugh it off and point me in the right direction!
ideas?


SIDE NOTE:
due to exams and everything i haven't been weighing myself,
i've still been eating well and everything, but haven't been exercising! D:
so, the weight loss journey is going on hold, until the 16th of june
when I am FINISHEDDD. freedoooommmmm. ! :D

<3

dayum. thinspo for today <3

8 comments:

  1. I'm American. I live in the country though and there's nothing to see and nowhere to really go so my area isn't great. I've never met a nice person from Chicago. All of the people I have met are loud, rude and want everything done there way. I was on a train with a lot of them and they just were constantly complaining about the train being late and complaining because the engine was overheated. They thought the train should just go with an overheated engine. I liked Denver, Colorado. There's a lot of artsy stuff there if you like that sort of thing. I've heard that California is nice but that would probably depend on the city. I have no idea about New York and most places though. I'm guessing that in most cities if you're in the right area of the city there will be nice people. But you would have to be careful because there are certain areas of every city you wouldn't want to end up in because there are lots of gangs in places like Chicago and New York and some areas are just creepy with the buildings falling apart and stuff. But for the most part, most tourist attractions are in good neighborhoods but I wouldn't suggest going at night because who know what kind of creeps would come out of the woodwork at night. But you can browse through this and see what interests you http://www.bing.com/attractions/search?q=attractions+in+USA&qpvt=best+places+to+visit+in+usa&FORM=DTPATA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for always leaving lovely comments on my blog, they make me feel a bit better, really.
    I'm curious, which tattoo do you want once you reach 70 kg?

    My best wishes to you,
    Merely

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! I'm from Los Angeles, California. I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you are going to come all the way to the US, why not visit a few places? I know if you come to one coast, you can rent a car, road trip, and leave the car on the opposite coast so you can fly home. Also, I wouldn't pick where you want to go based on the type of people you think you will meet. I've lived and visited multiple US cities/ places (Boston, New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Utah, etc.) There are nice and nasty people in all of them. Pick your destination based on what you want to see. Do you want to see the Grand Canyon in Arizona, lounge on the beach in Orange County, go to Sea World in San Diego, visit the Empire State Building in New York? I would be happy to show you around LA if you come during the summer or Boston (i'll be in school) if you come during the school year. Sorry for the long comment I'm just so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from the UK but I've visited Florida and New York. Both were fantastic holidays - New York was EXACTLY how I expected it to be, every corner you turn you see something that belongs in a movie! Although you are right about the busyness, everyone is in such a rush going about their daily lives. Florida, on the other hand, was chill out zone and everyone we spoke to was great. I think they probably have more time for tourists seeing as it is a HUGE touristy place! My favourite part was going to Cocoa Beach, I remember my mum and I ordering Cokes, drinking a little at the bar and being totally shocked when the barman refilled them. We were like, 'are we supposed to pay??' Typical Brits, we are.
    Anyway, I recommend them both, thing is the US is so massive and diverse it's hard to choose! But well worth it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely go and visit washington d.c.! i lived there for a year and i love love love this city. yes, new york is cool and everything but dc is better. it's a pretty city and there's lots of cool stuff to see. like the capitol and the monument and the white house etc. and all of the smithsonian museums are free. dc is really really nice in sping (cherry blossoms) and in fall (indian summer). but it's awesome in summer, too. pretty hot, though.
    ok, enough promotion. :D take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am American, as I am sure you have figured out. :)
    I would love to come visit Ireland sometime, seeing as that is half my heritage.
    Is it as beautiful and wonderful as I have heard it is?
    I cannot recommend coming to my neck of the woods because, well, I live in Ohio, in the country, and there is not much to do here!
    Haha!
    I am so glad you want to come to America, though, it really is a great place. :)
    Hope you had a lovely day!
    Hang in there and stay strong love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. im american(: florida beaches are amazing, its like paradise here <3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm In San Diego, California and have lived in this state my entire life. It's absolutely beautiful here, but SO MANY PEOPLE. The beaches are wonderful with the best weather you can imagine (and I can run to the beach from my house) but you'll never really feel like you're the only one somewhere, unless you go checkout all our pretty epic national park. I just go back from Yosemite, and it was UNREAL; so gorgeous! You should at least come check out California real quick when you come over here :]

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete